A recipe using chia seeds
Nutritious and tasty!
Here is one recipe from The Chia Co in Australia, which is selling its chia products here in Singapore (permission given to use). This recipe works great with pomfret, tilapia or red snapper:
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic (grated)
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp olive or sesame oil
- 4 fish fillet
- 2 tbsp spring onions, sliced
- a few coriander or parsley leaves
- 2 tsp black chia seeds
1. In a small bowl, mix soy sauce, ginger, garlic, water and oil.
2. Add the fish and turn the pieces over to coat, then set aside for five minutes.
3. Place the filets in a steaming basket or steamer. Set over boiling water, cover with lid and steam for about three to five minutes until the fish is cooked through.
4. Transfer to plates and sprinkle with spring onions, coriander and chia seeds.
(TIP: You can also place the fish in a baking dish and pour the marinade over the fillets, add two tablespoon of water and cover with baking paper and foil, then bake in a 180C/350F oven for about eight to 10 minutes. Uncover and bake about two to three minutes, until the fish is cooked through.)
** There are more chia recipes on The Chia Co’s website – link above.