Benefits for seniors
The SG50 Seniors package recognises seniors’ contributions and celebrates SG50.
Being a senior has its privileges especially during this Jubilee year. More than 700,000 seniors are eligible to enjoy the benefits of the SG50 Seniors package, which includes more than 200 types of offers from more than 100 companies in the categories of dining, leisure, lifelong learning, lifestyle and wellness.
Minister of Health and Minister in charge of Ageing Issues Gan Kim Yong, who launched the package at an outdoor variety show in Yishun yesterday, said: “This SG50 Seniors Package is a present for our seniors. It is a ground-up initiative by the private and people sectors to say ‘thank you’ to you for working so hard to build this nation.” The package is presented by the Ministerial Committee on Ageing, and supported by Tote Board and Singapore Business Federation.
He added: “I encourage you to take advantage of the offers and stay active. I also encourage younger Singaporeans to take advantage of these offers and bring your parents out for a day, whether to places of attraction or for a good meal, and enjoy some quality time with your parents, grandpa or grandma.”
The booklet detailing the list of benefits of the SG50 Seniors package will be mailed to all seniors aged 60 and above. Most of the offers are valid from June to August this year. The list of offers can also be viewed on the SG50 Seniors package website at www.sg50seniors.sg.
Seniors of different ages can enjoy the benefits. Highlights of the package include:
For those age 60 and above:
• A $50 SG50 Seniors Public Transport Voucher sponsored by SBS Transit and SMRT through the Public Transport Fund.
• Complimentary entry to the Flower Dome & Cloud Forest at Gardens by the Bay from June to August, and complimentary admission in June to Jurong Bird Park and the Singapore Zoo. Seniors can also enjoy discounted entry to several attractions on Sentosa, as well as up to 50-percent savings for selected performances at the Esplanade from August to November.
• In June, seniors will receive a special Kopitiam iCard in the mail, which entitles them to discounts at Kopitiam outlets.
For those age 55 and above:
• A free five-year PAssion Card membership that entitles seniors to member benefits in People’s Association’s range of courses, activities and programmes.
• Seniors who are existing ActiveSG members will automatically get a top-up of $25 ActiveSG credits which can be used for entry to sports facilities, or to offset the cost of sports classes such as aqua aerobics and urban trekking. Seniors who sign up as new ActiveSG members get an additional $100 ActiveSG credits.
There are also discounted travel and hotel staycations, courses and attractive reductions at retail and lifestyle outlets, available for seniors to enjoy.