Retire with a purpose – volunteer
This year’s National Senior Volunteer Month is going virtual and will have a number of virtual talks on health, IT, finance and volunteering.
Learn more about becoming an effective volunteer and staying mentally sharp during this year’s National Senior Volunteer Month 2020 organised by RSVP Singapore. The event will be held virtually on September 12, 2020 from 10am to 12pm. Besides the opening ceremony and a panel discussion on volunteering in this digital era, there will be a number of virtual talks and activities afterwards, going on concurrently.
• Beyond Dialysis – Be a Navigator of Hope – learn more about kidney failure and its treatment modalities. Find out how you can make a difference in another’s life and spark joy in them once again.
• Coping with New Norm of Volunteering – gain insights on how to cope with the new norm of volunteering amidst this pandemic.
• 5 Tips for Staying Mentally Sharp as a Senior – learn how we can stay mentally sharp throughout the ageing process.
• Be an Effective Volunteer 101 – learn more about volunteerism and the importance of developing the right mindset.
• Cancer & Nutrition: Myths vs Facts – get the answer to some of the most frequently asked questions about cancer and nutrition.
• SingPass & SafeEntry – learn how to set up the SingPass Mobile application and access the various Government digital services, such as SafeEntry check-in.
• Retire with a Purpose – you can be that someone who can make an impact in a person’s life. No matter how old you are, you can be the change in our community.
• Smart Nation & Volunteerism: Why it Matters – gain insights into why volunteerism has an important role to play as Singapore progresses as a Smart Nation.
• Dementia Awareness – learn about the signs and symptoms of dementia.
• Am I Socially Isolated/A New Lens by Volunteering in a Pandemic – learn about signs and symptoms of social isolation, intergenerational volunteering and more.
• 8 Fun Facts about CPF – know your CPF, so you can benefit from it.
To register for the opening ceremony as well as the talks and activities, go to: https://nsvm2020.pfevents.sg/register/view/form.
(** PHOTO CREDIT: RSVP Singapore)